A personal story

Now that the Assassin is dead and I no longer fear for myself being 'kidnapped' again, I can tell a tale of woe, and hope that my tale carries over to the other poor, innocent girls out there.

There was a day, not to distant in the future, when my Master was battling a dungeon guard, the very same guard now renowned for his capture and killing of the assassin. My Master needed food..and took off for some, while I was standing watching this matching of sword strength, sadly..the instant my Masters back was turned, this man...let's call him Kadar, grabbed me harshly by the arms and dragged me forcibly to the dungeon, literally tossing me down the stairs in his haste to get to his own safe harbor.

As I stood there in shock, having no way to let my Master or anyone know where I was, all I could do was stare at this man who dared kidnap an owned girl from just within the palace walls, for what he described as "pure torturous evil" as he was to flay the flesh off my body until I gave him the answers he was seeking in his quest for finding the assassin.

Luckily, my Master and two magi did show up, I am not sure what happened, at that point I had been backhanded so viciously so many times that my ears were ringing and the inside of my mouth tasting of blood from the cutting of my teeth into my inner cheeks, but I do know I was set free, with no further damage done to my body, only the embarassment of having been dragged to the dungeon still fresh in my mind.

I extend a very warm thank you to the two magi who came with my Master, KCEE and Skip, and did whatever it is magi do to calm down a situation, and my Master for whatever he did to win my freedom...but I'd like us all to take some time and reflect that maybe being owned...is not safe harbor from being kidnapped by anyone in Ireem and to keep a secure watch over your shoulders no matter what direction you may face in the sands!

- Tre

3 comments:

Wonderful outcome,I think. But some mysteries remain....unless I missed some other news. Loose strings include:
*Did the assassin operate alone?
*Who was the butchered body found in the Hammam baths?
*Who killed him.....and why?
*For whom was the bloody threat intended? Meagan the bath owner? Kerrina the Healer? the Sultana herself?

November 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

i wander Ireem as a lone girl..and i am never bothered..or talked to even when i am saying salaam..or even chased...so all this intrigue must be for a select few...i wonder how many others here feel out of the loop.

November 20, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

dunno, those are questions for the investigator, I'm just the lowly reporter, thank god.

I hope no one feels out of the loop, just read the paper here or ..yanno...eavesdrop in dark corners like I do!

November 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds