I was doing what I always do, standing near the auction and throwing rocks and insults at slavers. It was a unusualy quiet night in Ireem. Storm finally decided he'd had enough and caught me stripped me naked, and proceeded to chain me like a animal. I was then gaged (I was biting him) and after taking a brutal beating, and still not submitting he cut my throat and cast me aside like a orange peel. When he threw me away to gasp my last breath I gathered my last ounce of consciousness and crawled to the stairs and tumbled down them and blacked out.

I do not know how long I was out, I do remember though waking I know not when in the land of the bright realm of the Djinn for a mere moment before passing out again. I do not know who saved me, i never saw more than a shadow, but I thank them. The next thing I remember was waking up at the foot of the oasis under the shade of a camel.

Fortunately, I am as well as I can be. The scar is barely noticeable due to magic I would guess, and my bruises have faded. I do notice some changes though. I like celery now where I did not before, and everything tastes like the color orange... And the muttering voices I hear now at the edges of my mind interrupt my sleep.

The most shocking part of this whole thing is that while I was being brutalized I was no more than 10 feet from TWO knights, who did nothing. Did not even look my way or speak a word to offer help. I could not call out for help as I was gagged, but had they merely looked over they would have seen I was begging for help, desperately trying to get away.

I am appalled at the route the knights have taken as of late and until now I did not even believe these rumors were true. I hope someone else doesn't have to die (or nearly) for someone to remind them hat their purpose for being, and being here is. If a prey cannot even depend on a knight to save her at her most desperate moment, when in and easy swords reach no less, there is no longer any hope in this desolate place.

To whoever becomes the knight leader I hope you will work on re-training your knights on the codes of chivalry and their vow to protect the weak.

-Griz

1 comments:

lol the kights did what thay were traned to do as you did not ask for halp us kights cant halp maby if you asked for halp insted of biteing storm you would of gotein halp

November 12, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds