Welcome to the Chronicles, Tim. Let's get straight to the subject matter. Since the Magi Council announces there will be a magi conclave to select the new leader, you have been tip as one of the favourite, and no surprise to us all, you have sign up to it. Are you confident that you are will win the election?

(Tim Speiser) Confident? I wouldn't say that. Elections often come down to a popularity contest and you never know what will happen. I will put forth my ideas and plans to my fellow Magi and hope for the best.

And would you like to share some of those plan to our readers?

Of course. My first goal is to bring the Magi back in touch with their history. The Magi of this city are descended from some of the most powerful Magi to ever live. Our ancestors created a weapon that destroyed an entire land mass! Yet now we roam the sands alone, rarely joining our powers or sharing knowledge. I hope to change that for the better.

That's very admirable. Certainly myself don't know too much about the magi other than they can make me feel suicidal very quickly. Do you have any plan to help promote this lack of knowledge among the citizens?

The first priority will be to bring the Magi themselves back in touch with this history, no small feat I can tell you. After that we will work on spreading things further. I have several ideas working and have spoken to the knights leadership and The Sultana regarding them.

And I assume the Chronicles will be hearing about them when you are ready too. Now, let me go to the more awkward question, and believe me i hate asking this too. What made you think you should be the leader of the magi?

I wouldn't say that I should. In fact when the council met I voted against a single leader. However the other magi felt one was needed. I have experience, being the last Magi to carry the title of Shalifi (leader). I will let the Magi decide if I should be leader or not.

That's all good, but seriously, do you see there is any other better candidate within the group, whether or not they have submitted to the candidacy?

If I did not think I was the best candidate then I would not offer my services.

So, not having to know what your relationship with other candidates, are we expecting a lot of mug flinging antics between the candidates during the campaigns, or would you expect otherwise?

One can never know such things. Speaking only for myself I will say no. I have no need to do those types of things. I will let the Magi judge me based on my ideas, If they do not like those ideas and chose another to lead them then so be it. I know you at The Chronicles pray for a nasty dirty election, after all that makes good news. I would simply say that if someone resorts to such tactics it is only because they cannot stand on their ideals alone.

Oh I wouldn't say we pray for one. We are a action orientated group so we will be actively create one...... but let's leave that aside for a moment. What kind of things do you thing the electorate will be looking for in the Leader?

I think they want a leader that can bring some purpose back to their day to day lives, while at the same time not infringing on their personal freedom. It is a tall order and will require a subtle touch.

One of the things I have heard recently is the backstreet whispers against Sultana's rule in the city and demanding a change in the political system in Ireem. If you become the leader of Magi, would you take the group toward that direction? Where would your loyalty lies?

The ancestors I spoke of earlier served the Perzian Empire. The Magi in this city have a tower to study in, the freedom to pursue their studies because of the Sultana and her honord fathers. I have no intention of standing against her. On the contrary as magi leader I would actively support her right to rule.

Very good, as a member of the court I will certainly please to know which side you are on. Is there anything you would like to add or say to our readers regarding your candidacy?

I would advise the Magi to choose well. Consider the plans and positions of each candidate, then chose the person that you think will be best for all Magi in Ireem.

Thank you very much Tim. Chronicles wish you the best of luck in the upcoming election

Thank you for your time

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds