(Chronicles) Thank you for speaking to us Peter. You are known as one of the more eccentric person around in Ireem. How would you describe yourself, to the readers of the Chronicles?

(Peter Gunther Hausmann the Fourth) Ja, I am Peter Gunther Hausmann the Fourth, Head of Research at the Magi Tower. I am the author of "Transtemporal blink-level teleportation using a Nerul array replacing a base crystalline array normally used for algorythmic teleportation using a basic Morda series," and I am seeking control over the Tower. Many feel I am eccentric, but I simply feel that few understand what I am working on, which, if my calculations are correct, will revolutionize the way magic is utilized in our society."

Do you feel that becoming the leader of the magi will help your research? Or do you think that doing all those amazing research will help you perform the role of Head of Magi?

"Having control over the Tower and the Magi order will strengthen my bargaining power for funding. We Magi exist in a strenuous relationship with the local authorities at times, and there is a constant struggle to obtain the necessary funding for my work. I require a constant supply of alchemical bases and rare metals to conduct my work in crystal field theory, and due to inadequate funding, I am not able to progress as quickly as I would like. I feel that, if I speak for the Magi order, I will be able to get what I need. And once I have made my breakthrough in the Morda series algorithm, I feel all Magi will benefit, as ley-structures will be set to a state where they can be easily manipulated using gaustra-type crystal arrays."

If you become the leader, what would be your first priority?

Obtaining further funding so I can complete my research and helping other Magi enhance their own mana-usage using the ley-line network I have been attempting to set up throughout the surrounding areas. With this in place, I feel the magical potential of every mage using ley-based sorcery would be enhanced by at least 150%. I don't know what effects it might have on the Djinn or undead, but I believe that they will not be affected in any major way.

Speaking the djinn and the undead, there are always seem to be a somewhat strain relationship between them and the magi in general. Would you do anything, as the leader of magi, to ease that relation?

The undead are a fascinating phenomenon; I would love to have an opportunity to study them, although I do not see any changes in our relationship coming. They are violent and dangerous, and while fascinating, I do not wish to become involved with them any more than necessary. As for the Djinn, I have friends and enemies in the Djinn community. I find that each Djinn is defined by their independence, so any gross attempt to make any changes in the relationship with that community would be futile- I would have to befriend each Djinn, which I doubt is likely.

That is a very enlightening thought. I am sure that echo a lot of the magi community. As a long standing member of the group, what do you see as the biggest issue or problem faced by the Magi currently

There is no real sense of coherence within the Magi order. This makes sense, as it is a loose assembly of scholars and mages, each with their own agendas and specialties, but I feel if we could create a more unified order, we could hold more political sway. However, due to the scattered nature of our work, I do not see that happening.

To follow that up, would you say the magi, as a group, should have more sway in the affair of Ireem, and the general daily life and grinds of people in here?

That largely depends on my work. If I am able to make the breakthrough with the Morda series, life for everyone will change, even the commoners. Magic will become much more commonplace, and it will be far easier to manipulate magical fields without requiring years of training. However, until that point, I feel that we are content where we are. That being said, we are not always cloistered in our tower. You see Magi every day, buying food at the market, drinking at the pub. Despite our profession, we still mingle with the people, and depend on them for a great number of services. So I would say we are already rather involved with the common folk, although I wish to pass on the message that my will is to help the common folk. I help keep the alchemy store supplied with all manner of rare potions that help cure diseases and treat wounds. My will towards the common folk is one of compassion and fellowship, and I think many Magi feel that way.

On a slight different subject, we have been hearing a of whispers from some member of the magi community who was question the way Sultana is ruling the city and quite opening question the political system we have in place. What is your stance on that, and where would the magi group's loyalty lies if you become the leader?

My job is not to determine individual Magi's political views. We have Magi who believe the Sultana is doing a good job, and Magi who believe that they should be the Sultana. Officially, the Magi were granted the tower as a gift in return for services rendered in advising and assisting the Sultana, and our relationship is based upon that trust. However, times have changes, and the political relationship is... Complicated. I will just state that my interest lies in obtaining more funding, and leave it at that.

Thank you very much of your time Peter. Would you like to sum up your campaign in one statement?

Yes. A vote for me is a vote for progress. The Magi hold the keys to a better future, which can only be achieved through generous funding and full cooperation with the local authorities, but the rewards will be reaped by generations to come. Thank you.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds