INTERVIEW: Mer Queen Ianira

Chronicles: Tala Queen Ianira. When you are not playing crystal swap, or dealing with the "joys" of being a leader, how do you relax?

Ianira: I truly to get joy from leading my kin and guiding merfolk who are young or new to our waters.  They always have such a great spirit to them, each and every one unique and fascinating, which really inspires me and leads to many a great adventures both at sea and on land.  Though, I suppose when I want just kick back from it all, I enjoy just relaxing with a bottle of saltwater champagne, playing my drums and talking gossip with my kin.  Oh yes, and scavenging for shinies and other things to adorn myself with. Hmmmm shinies....

If you were not a leader, what other passions would you pursue?

Well, I was crowned  to this position at a very young age and, minus a few short absences, have held this position ever since. Because of this, it is hard for me to imagine any other life path for myself, really.   I suppose with less responsibility, I would have more time for evil deeds and mischief, with much less repercussion.

What is the oddest thing you carry around on your person?

Clothing.

Do you have a favorite part of Ireem? Or do you prefer the waves?

There is no place in these lands better than the Isle of mer, it is so beautiful and peaceful...and is inhabited by the best-looking creatures in all the land.  However, from time to time there are a couple of places that I like to go to be alone with my thoughts, but if I revealed them on your newspaper and people found out, I likely wouldn't enjoy them anymore.

You mean the four readers that we have? Surely you are not worry that four people invade your space?

*Shock!* FOUR? Your editor told me that you have millions and millions of readers!

You should ignore him. We all do that in the office. Anyway... Pet peeves, everyone has them. Ccare tell a few of yours?

I really don't have too many things that bother me.  Lets see, intruders in my waters, women who don't think for themselves and act like they are lesser beings, low tides, sand in the scales, starfish tanlines,  landwalker clothes, the color brown, and....being asked to share my shinies.

You're one of the more stylish leaders of Ireem, how do you keep up that amazing look?

*Preens and lifts her chin* Well, not much of my 'look' can usually be attributed to clothing,as I really avoid having to put on those awful, itchy things.  However, all merfolk are stunningly beautiful, as I am sure you know.  We are just born this way. As far as how we keep our youthful beauty over our very ling lifespans?  Well, very few live to tell how we achieve this.  Oh and seaweeds. I think they help with keeping the skin look good. But you need to eat them raw, with all the slimy goodies.

And finally! Last question.... what inspires you as a leader?

It is my family, my kin, that inspire me.  I was born and raised in these waters, and have battled through many challenges, as well as times of great wealth and enchantment in our waters.  I strive to keep the culture and values of our beautiful and mysterious society alive and well.  We may be of a smaller presence in Ireem than other beings, but we are defintely the prettiest. And we are strong because we have a bond and care for eachother that not many others have. 

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds