This letter was left in my mailbox today..please folks, read it carefully, and if you've any info at all, either drop me an NC at my mailbox or send me one via messenger.


"*A plain scroll case is sitting in the drop box. Inside is a rolled up leaf of expensive looking paper. The note contained within is brief, signed by a guard, but with no name attached.*


I've agonized for some time about what to say about this, if anything. My superiors want the matter kept secret, but I'm increasingly concerned that such secrecy will only make matters worse, as the knights looking into the Sultana's death will be left without vital leads. Last night, one of the guards observed a hooded figure skulking about in the shadows. We believe the intruder - it may have been a woman, but no one saw the figure close enough to be sure - was trying to break into the Royal Harem, for reasons unknown. Once spotted, the intruder swiftly escaped, moving with a speed and grace I've never before witnessed, at least not in any normal human. A search of the palace afterward revealed that the library downstairs had been searched. We nearly missed that, save for a small scratch on one of the desks where, presumably, the intruder picked a lock to get inside. A number of the papers and documents within had been rearranged, but none seemed to be missing. So far, we have found no clues as to the identity of the intruder, but it's my fear this may be connected to the Sultana's assassination, as he or she was seen trying to get into the Palace's private quarters. I trust everyone will understand that I cannot identify myself for fear of losing my position, given the order of silence. Hopefully, attention from the city paper will help us to expose this intruder."

- Tre

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds