While Sir Tim was meditating and I was free to roam through the city, undead Ariberto Catteneo called me over to have a word with him. Knights Leader Jordina McGinnis was with him, as we three went into slavers inn to speak in private.
As I had heard of Jordi's capture the day before, I of course scanned her body for any bruises or wounds. Happy not to find anything, I turned my attention back to Ari asking him what he has to tell. His answer was simple and confusing at the same time: "I want to save Lady Jordina from her fate!" Of course I was wondering, so I begged him to explain his train of thoughts. He stated, the knights would not deserve a leader like Jordi, as she is too special and too intelligent for them. For this reason he intents to turn her into his minion. He will take care for her and her baby, doing the job that her knights family normally is supposed to do. He manifested angrily, that no knight came to help her, tried to buy her freedom or even fought him for her life, when he captured her.
Asking him, if she agreed to this, he simply answered: "I did not say she wants it, I said I will save her. Do you really think they will stop me? They did nothing yesterday, why would they do something this time?"
Jordi listened very quietly to all this as I asked her about her opinion. She only shook her head as he answered for her "Jordi is confused. She has two women fighting inside her right now. The knight leader with her duties and the woman, with her baby and her broken heart.. "
I interrupted him at this point: "Is it...about love ? Do you tell me, you love her Ari ? " but he subtly evaded my question, stating " I can't continue to look at her and see a sad woman and since I know she will never take a decision by herself, I will help her"
I gave up trying to get the bottom of his story and asked him "So, you have something to say to the people of Ireem ?" He answered: "Sure! People of Ireem and all the knights! Ariberto, the vampire is speaking! I am going to save Lady Jordina from the sadness her bad fate brought to her. I will take care of her, turning her into my minion, she will remain human and free, but her destiny will be linked to me forever. I will wait until the next sunset (24 hours), if someone wants to talk to me before that time, let me know! She is not my prisoner, she is free to go where she wants and when she wants"

I will leave you, dear reader, with some questions:
  • What are Ari's intentions ? Is it a plan to destruct the knights ?
  • Do we find analogies to Arian's intentions to take over control of the dungeon ?
  • Is it even possible that this is part of a bigger undead plan to take over whole Ireem ?
  • Or is that all a demand of love, unfulfilled dreams and hopes of a vampire with a heart ?
But the most important question here is for sure: Will the knights fight back in the name of honor, to regain their Leader Jordi ? Time will tell.....

1 comments:

I think Ariberto loves all women and detests when one of them suffers.
To see Jordina fight with her sadness cannot be acceptable for Ariberto.
May be it's a way to help her ?

Aislinn, the celtic slaver.

May 14, 2009 at 3:16 AM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds