Damien Sack "Punished"

Tis a sad day in this once great city of Ireem dear readers. I had the misfortune to attend the audience with the Sultana where was discussed the punishment that would be handed out against Damien Sack for last months kidnapping of the Sultana herself. Also this vile creature fed from our beloved ruler. These facts are not debated nor even denied by the undead leader. In fact he seemed very pleased with himself. What would be a fitting punishment for these crimes? One observer suggested that he be turned over to the Magi and have his life restored. Thus freeing the kingdom of one of its greatest threats. Many seemed to think this was a good idea myself included. So what punishment was finally decided for him you ask? I am deeply sad to report to you that in what can only be called a miscarriage of justice, the second minister ordered that a heavy stone be bound to Damien’s sword arm to make it more difficult for him to fight. He was then led to the dungeon on the order of his “undead brother” Arian Clip. Now some may think this proof of Arian’s claim that he will punish all the people of Ireem for their crimes. I would disagree and as evidence I offer this conversation which took place after the punishment was announced.

Geli Rossini: smiles at Damien ... “I am proud to bring you down now to the dungeons.”
Damien Sack: “I get a cell with a spider right?”
Geli Rossini: “If you like it ... Damien ... yes sure.”
Damien Sack looks down and smiles evilly
Damien Sack nods
Arian Clip: “Anything you want Brother ask Geli...we have sluts and rum.” he says as he starts to laugh.

I think it is very apparent that the undead will receive preferential treatment by Arian and his merry band of thugs. Or do they wish us to believe that they would be as hospitable to all of their prisoners. As an added thought I would like to mention that Arian stayed behind after the audience to have tea with the Sultana. What she could possibly want to speak about with an undead in private I do not know as I was unable to hear their conversation. But I fear it does not bode well for our city. Rest assured I will do my best to uncover the truth and bring it to you here.

5 comments:

Damien is not a vile creature. The journalist is obviously biased!!!

May 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

While I applaud the article for being concise in its reporting of the facts, I do have issue with some of the conclusions that were raised. First off... while, yes, it is Arian’s and the dungeoners’ job to enforce the laws and punishment criminals, in this particular case it was the Second Minister and the Sultana, not Arian, who were responsible for deciding Damien’s punishment; Arian’s responsibility is to see that the ordered sentence is carried out.

I completely agree that this is a gross miscarriage of justice; indeed, the first thing my Phox said when I told him about the sentencing was that it was going to make Damien’s sword arm stronger, not weaker (and I think I heard Damien mutter something about that himself when the sentence was read). I personally find this so-called punishment, very puzzling.

Now as to the matter of preferential treatment and the choice of cells. So Damien asked for the cell with the spider, and Arian agreed. Big freaking deal. Fact is, Arian didn’t have a choice anyway; that’s the only cell that has a door! In fact, the dungeon is a disgrace, and not through any fault of the current ... er... dungeon regime. Some 2-3 months ago it was requested at an audience with the Sultana for funds to renovate the dungeon. If my memory serves me correctly (and it does) the amount approved was 3000 dinars. These funds must have almost certainly been misappropriated, because I was in the dungeon this evening, and I can say with absolute certainty that none of the requested improvements have been made.

Which brings me to my last point, and the reason I was in the dungeon this evening. Not only did I not see any rum (or sluts either for that matter)... but far, faaaaar from any preferential treatment, it seems that the dungeoners have made no effort at all to provide ... er... food for their prisoner. Damien was so overtaken by hunger that he ate the spider in his cell. The very large, very poisonous spider. He naturally was poisoned and became very ill, and KCEE and I were summoned to aid him quickly, and we managed to reverse the poison in his blood. An isolated incident, but one that points to a larger problem for the dungeoners. How are the dungeoners going to provide for their prisoner? It is naturally their responsibility to not only hold prisoners, but to see to it that they are fed. Will we have dungeoners hunting prey and preds alike to be Damien’s meals? Perhaps they could call for volunteer... er... donors?

~Lady Elysa

May 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

It seems the scribe wants to donate herself for her blood to stay that crimenal in live he deserve this punnisment for the kidnapping of out loving Sultana
So let him rot in there its his new home for long time i hope
They dont have mercy for other people in the ireem to so why do we have to do that.

May 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

*coughs* I was merely pointing out the jailer's responsibility that they have to ALL prisoners, and their failure to live up to this part of their job, and to point out that Arian clearly is not giving Damien preferential treatment (just the opposite, in fact).

and... *coughs again* ...I'd like to point out that I at least have the courage to put my name on my posts.

~Lady Elysa

May 26, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Arian is undead and will always be undead!

May 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds