Ireem in shock ! Our dear Palace Healer Lady Kerrina is dead ! When I returned to my office after a long walk, I found another anonymous scroll in my box. Following story was to be found in it:
"I have witnessed the death of Lady Kerrina. I scribe this with severe grief and tears, while I am still in shock.
Her body was broken and dehydrated from blood loss, neglect and lack of water, her kidneys beginning to fail and her gaping wounds too badly infected, but worstly it seemed her heart had lost hope. Her usual joyful and loving spirit seemed shadowed. She was despondent with no will to live in a way, I have never seen her before and her body had shallow breath.
Arian and Sebby fought about giving her water while her life began slipping further away. She was then stripped by blade point and put on the auction pole. Sebby seemingly won the bid when even the auction pole was too upset to have such a dear creature upon it and malfunctioned after only 1 minute into the auction. When she was lowered from the pole after the malfunctioned auction she collapsed on the platform and lay motionless barely breathing. I stood shocked unable to help and hoping surely she would be saved.
While most of the men just stood there and did nothing, Sebby and Copper seemed distracted as to who would carry her body to the palace. Arian then plunged his blade into her weakened body finishing off his gruesome deed and there she lay naked and bleeding. She cried out in severe pain as she died from the last fatal blow. With a band of steel from the collar still cutting into her fragile neck, her lifeless naked bloodied body was dragged across the sands then down into the catacombs for Arian to display upon his wall.
For some reason one of the brightest lights of Ireem dimmed, it seems our beautiful loving and kind healer lost hope and the will to live while her physical wounds overpowered her. Today we lost one of our precious gifts. Lady Kerrina whose gentle beautiful spirit, loving heart and healing hands comforted and healed us all. May all of Ireem mourn."

Shocked by this, I went searching Arian to ask him about that. Tim and I found him at auction as we asked for an audience. Arian agreed in answering my questions, but only under the condition to go into catacombs, so no one else will listen. He also refused that Tim will accompany me. After a long discussion I succeeded in convincing Tim going down there alone to get some answers. He let me go, not without warning Arian and telling me "You have 10 minutes, or I will call you out ! "
I asked Arian about what I found in the scroll and he confirmed the truth of it. Telling me he still hides her body and that he would be able to bring her back to life, I could not resist yelling on him "What have you done to her !?!?" He just smiled knowingly at me and answered "With or without me...she was going to die ... do I have to explain you, what a sacrifice dagger is ?"
I ignored that and questioned his story as I still doubted, he was only interested in recieving money from her. He added "Think for yourself...what will happen, when you control the Palace healer...the woman that all Ireem needs ?" I trembled when he revealed his true intentions to me "Oh my....you wanted full control ?" Arian smiled ironically: "After all...you are still able to think".
At this point I decided to leave. Everything was said and I did not feel safe down there anyway.

I ask you now, dear reader:
  • Why is it, that people only speak anonymous about what they have witnessed ?
  • After Arian's plan failed, what will he do next ? Who will be his next victim ?
  • Will it even be the Sultana herself ?
Despite all the pain we are suffering from loosing Lady Kerrina: Keep your eyes open ! Do not let the undead take over control, or our beloved kingdom will be lost !

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds