Is this the Assasin?

Last night, after being accosted by Storm and his slave, the Palace had another set of visitors. This time I had to sneak down from the harem when the shuffling of drawers was heard. Sitting in the Sultana’s throne was a very darkly dressed small woman with a very raspy voice accompanied by a slave. The slave was rummaging through the compartments and drawers and I heard her say excitedly, “I found it”!

I immediately and directly confronted the burglars reminding them of the value of their heads! This dark creature walks up to me, cutting off her own finger and saying “what’s a body part or two, nothing you or the Sultana can do can hurt me” She let out a demons giggle that surprised me! My first thought was to immediately slay this defiling demon but how? My own small and slight stature is a challenge with the scimitar and I saw with my own eyes her personal amputation.

The creature told me she was thousands of years on this land and called me a stupid mortal. I suddenly felt my power and my spirit being pulled from me, being sucked into the dark little creature and becoming bound to her when suddenly…Kaydar rushes in with his scimitar at the ready. He demands, “What are you doing here? The throne is off limits”. Seeing my predicament, Kaydar slashes at the hooded creature but she sifts like sand between his weapons passes. The dark one departed saying words that I can never repeat much less understand.

A search of the slave revealed nothing but I believe they wee searching for a talisman of the Sultana’s to bring on her a spell.

In my haste however, I was not able to get either of their names. I hope the Sultana will forgive my momentary lapse of diplomacy and somehow reward Kaydar for his loyalty.

A humble citizen in service to the Sultana

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds