Once again, honor fell upon me and I got to speak with the 3 Bedouins up for lead, they all took their precious time and answered some very important questions for me. Please take some time and read this, we shall soon have a new Bedouin Lead.


"What do you believe that the Bedouins bring to the city of Ireem, what is it they offer in to the city"

*Jonathan Moriarty: The Bedouin bring lots of trade to the city of Ireem. We buy and sell constantly, in a wide variety of commodities. The camp also acts as a big attraction to many tourists. Visitors come from leagues afar to see the Bedouin way of life and their habits and customs. We may not trade in the same quantities as the Slavers, but we are far more stable than they are. More trustworthy, too!

*Chris Wilder: We provide the trade that is part of the life blood of the city.
By bring in the caravans from the desert we bring the spices and other goods that allow Ireem to thrive.

*Kylara Kuhn: I don't think the bedouins offer a lot to the city. And why should we? We are nomads, having our own agenda. Instead we take from what the city, desert or whatever place can offer US. Once in a while the city might profit from us by buying a girl or have some other trade. Beware though... We can negotiate well so there is always a price to pay.

"What do you have to offer your group as a Leader, over anyone else who wishes to be, what is it you feel you would give them to make voting for you a bonus"

* Jonathan Moriarty: I intend to unite the tribe into one solid unit, giving us more power and stability and the ability to repulse cowardly attacks from the unstable and untrustworthy Undead. My key phrase would be "Bedouin Stand Together"

*Chris Wilder: I want to make the bedouins the strongest group in the land. We need a atrong leader to do that. I can both lead my tribe and work with others to make that happen.

*Kylara Kuhn: The group will benefit from someone being not afraid to fight what she stands for. She might lose once and win another time but it will always be with her head up high. That's what I want the bedouins to radiate too. A group not afraid of anything. If we can get that image back then I am happy.


"The folks around Ireem see the Beds as camel loving, stinking, dirty folks, what can you, as a leader, do, to disquiet this feeling, after all , you do live with the camels."

*Jonathan Moriarty: We far prefer living with the camels to living with either the Undead or even the Slavers!
Have you ever smelt a Slaver when he wakes? Yuk! I haven't, but I have heard many dreadful tales from ex-slaver girls.
Our camels frequently turn THEIR noses up at the smell of the Undead, so really, they can't comment on OUR smell, can they?
In addition, we Bedouin all bathe at least twice a year, whether we need to or not - does THAT sound like the habit of dirty people?
We also provide the only commercial means of land transport for goods - our famous camel trains. Where would the Kingdom be without them?

*Chris Wilder: I do not agree with your question and I will make sure you pay for this remark.

*Kylara Kuhn: Yes, we live with camels. Thing is.. they don't stink. Most of the time people saying so are those fishy smelling slavers or the knights who probably smell their upper lip. All I can say is that those who want to speak it out loud, might end up for a night in our camp, being tied up between the camels. Ohhh and... when a camel poops then yes.. they DO stink. Then again.. nobody should be silly enough to lay with those.



"Do you have an plans that could bring your group tighter together, make them work together rather than for only themselves, as it seems most group members do."

*Jonathan Moriarty: Firstly, I don't believe most group members work for themselves - only a small minority. I intend to inspire this minority to pull together for the tribe and therefore increase their own standard of living at the same time.

*Chris Wilder: Yes, I will kill those that do not agree with my leadership and scatter the bones in the desert. That will leave me a core group that will follow me.

That is not to say I mind people also doing what they need to do... We are bedu we must follow our hearts. What I mean by follow is to not interfere with the overall group plans.

*Kylara Kuhn: By nature we are often dwelling the desert by ourselves. Not in need to form a group for our activities because we already have superior hunting skills out in the sand. So that does not need to change. You might be surprised how we already stick up for each other though. Always help if one of us needs it. The only thing that we must improve is that we need to be more ruthless. If someone fights one of us without honour then we repay by getting one of them in return. If needed by capturing that person with a whole group.

"If you were voted as Bedouin Sheikh, what is your first plan of action with your group, an event or meeting, something to make your ties stronger?"

*Jonathan Moriarty: As we are a nomadic tribe, with brethren constantly moving around and without the Kingdom, a single meeting of all is not possible, so I will hold a series of meetings to allow everyone to have their say and for me to gather all views, before taking any major decisions.

*Chris Wilder: I would hold a weekly session at the same time. Each bedu can come and see me with problems or help plan our overall military and trade strategy.

*Kylara Kuhn: The first thing I would do is to talk amongst us to where the group wants us to go. The leader of the bedouins might lead but does not stand above the group in decissions. And you want a good event? Hmm... a nice match who can put the most slavers on the block .

"The bedouins are a wandering group, so I have heard, what is to say to your men that if you are voted in, you will not desert them tomorrow to fullfill some kind of wandering instinct that may come upon you."

*Jonathan Moriarty: My past record speaks for my utter and complete reliability in this regard, as I have been with this tribe ever since coming to the Kingdom.

*Chris Wilder: Well I think I can last two weeks. After that I make no promises as I am a bedu... and you are right we do like to wander, it is in out blood.

*Kylara Kuhn: I do not make that promise. Yes, we are wanderers so yes, tomorrow I might feel the need to wander instead of lead. That's the way it works with us bedouins. The only thing I can promise then is that I would hand over the leadership to someone I think worthy till the moment the group can elect a new leader.


"What is the strongest characteristic you see needed in a Bedouin Sheikh"

*Jonathan Moriarty: Strength of character. The ability to convince the majority of the need for particular decisions, carried out with honour and dignity.

*Chris Wilder: One must be strong, fair and above all have honor as the guide for all actions.

*Kylara Kuhn: As a leader, he or she should be totally fearless and ruthless. If you do not have fear for your enemies then the enemy fears you. That does not mean we should not run away when you are being attacked by more than one person. It just means that you then come back and plant a sword in their backs if needed. It's not about showing honour to those not deserving. Using your sword against one who sleeps kills them just as effectively.

"Do you have any plans for spreading out and becoming more well known in this city? Amongst your group?"

*Jonathan Moriarty: The Bedouin are well known and respected already throughout the walled city.

*Chris Wilder: Yes. But I will not tell you spy for all others...

*Kylara Kuhn: Actually yes, we have been talking about that. It might be only our camp we are safe in but i plan on making the hills around our camp shoudl VERY unsafe for others to hunt in. We had the battle for Eni's hill already a while back. The hills surrounding our camp should be treated as our private hunting grounds.

"Anything you'd like to add to this, final words...before I close this out?"

*Jonathan Moriarty: May the best candidate win!

*Chris Wilder: Yes, I ask the tribe for your vote... you will not regret it.

*Kylara Kuhn: Our bedouin men are well known for their romantic and sensual way of making love. Of course they are because otherwise they would not be able to make out with our women in the first place. So girls wandering out there in the desert: TRY A BEDU! (and give us women finally some nightrest too).

- Tre

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds