TRIBUTE: Our Polo

A RESPECTFUL AND LOVING FAREWELL TO A BELOVED  CITIZEN – POLO OLCHOWY
- Written by Pasha

It was a beautiful yet sad day in Ireem, as citizens from all persuasions set aside all rivalries to attend the memorial tribute to a beloved citizen of Ireem.

 Polo Olchowy was remembered by The Sultana Zanlu as Polo’s wife Misti stood nearby, “ When the palace was quiet he told me of his life, of his dreams .. what was his past and what he hoped for his future .... and so I discovered a great person .. with a great sense of duty, with full respect for the family and others .. a man who considered love the greatest gift of the Gods.  : He loved all the women .. He was sure that women, with their sweetness and sensibility and common sense, could be the masters of the world. He was very loved and I think he loved a lot .. I sometime teased him about that, but not too much, because he was very serious about "love. : Then... I do not know how and when .. he met the great love of his life, Misti.”

While all was silent except for some sniffles,  Sultana began to speak again, “He left his job as guard .. and for a while he travelled to other places .. but he loved very much our kingdom and its inhabitants and he came back.  I am sure that you all met him in the city, working in the bakery.  But not many days ago..he was called away from Someone that has more power than everyone else. Why ? I don't know, nobody knows. However,  I'm sure that now he is watching us …  so.. Dear Dr. Jekyll .. listen!”  At this time, Sultana lifted her eyes to the sky and with a sweeping motion around the courtyard she said, “Dear Polo ..do you remember this square? How many times have you walked here crossing the small streets of this little world ... ? From now...this Court has your name .. and I'm sure you enjoy it ... that you are proud ..but it is the minimum that we can do for a dear friend as you...Polo Olchowy !” And so, Sultana named the court, where Polo had his apartment nearby and where he once ran the Blue Lagoon Café, in his honor as he will never be forgotten.

Sultana then turned to the large crowd gathered there and asked if anyone would say a few words.   As she turned it over to the crowd, she whispered, “Profitez-en où vous êtes maintenant,Polo ! “

Without hesitation several citizens spoke up,  all wanting to share their fond memories of Polo.  When it was her turn, Britt shared her thoughts and a heartfelt recitation of prayers , “We all knew Polo and were very blessed to know him. He was a gentleman who, as the Sultana said, loved woman and loved life. He had a smile for everyone and he took the time to listen. I give you now two Irish prayers I believe speak of him."

All were attentive as Britt began to recite the prayers
 “If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane
We would walk right up to heaven
And bring you back again.
No farewell words were spoken
No time to say goodbye
You were gone before we knew it
And only God knows why
Our hearts still ache in sadness and secret tears still flow
 What it meant to lose you
No one will ever know
But now we know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store
Since you'll never be forgotten
We pledge to you today
A cherished place within our hearts
Is where you'll always stay
-------------------------------------------------
 I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on the snow
I am the sunlight that ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumns’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there;
I did not die for I am all around you and in your soul.”

In closing Britt said, “Go drift with the winds and know we love and think of you Polo. May the angels fold you within their wings and know that you look down upon us all ever more. Ireem’s Guardian.”

Seeing his opportunity to share, YaYoo reflected, “It is so beautiful to see us gathered to share our love of Polo & Misti - to share the comfort that we can - in our hearts - to reach to each other.  Love is so deep here - Polo & Misti have especially inspired me – have taught me through their loving - thank you”.  YaYoo then looked to the heavens and speaking directly to Polo, “I know in my heart you are here with us now.  Polo dear friend - I have so enjoyed seeing the deep love you & Misti are - - you have always inspired me -Ii have looked up to you - now I live next to the Blue Lagoon where you & Misti have welcomed me - many times - - So please come visit me too when you have some time - I welcome you always.”

Finally, Misti wiped the tears from her eyes and began to address everyone, “December 9, 2010....The day I met Polo he was a butterfly....I have always loved butterfly's and I promptly IM'd him asking where he bought the avi....never in my wildest dreams did I know that we would end up talking nonstop for 5 days straight..........and continued until April 3, 2012. Without a doubt I truly loved Polo more than life itself. He had a soft heart to those he loved. I could see that especially in real life. He always said "Be true to yourself" and I've tried hard to live by those words.”

Misti was truly overwhelmed when she thanked everyone, “Thank you all for being here. Thank you to those who are sharing a memory, a thought, a sentiment. Thank you to those who are quietly here, your presence is felt.”

As Polo and Misti’s friends began to leave, they left flowers in Polo’s Square as a remembrance while sharing some private condolences with Misti. 

As all of Ireem was saddened by Polo's passing,  it was our priviledge to attend this beautiful tribute to Polo .. a truly good person and friend to so many.



Polo and Misti

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds