ELECTION: Statement from Indigo

*Election Statement - indigo mehendi *

Indigo sits and ponders her last 4 years of leading the djiin, what can the future hold  for her people.  She has at times considered retiring..leaving them to fend for them selves against those who would see her kin subdued, chained like mortal slaves driven like cattle there power diminished to a whisper. Scattered to the four winds and are no longer united. But she wants to leave a legacy.

She writes  "one day our children will whisper of this time..of the time when djinn were strong, fearless bound to no one ".  This will be looked upon as an era of greatness and freedom, i need to leave something to guide those that will follow in my footsteps.."

Some speak to me, of how the years have hardened me, some even call me a tyrant. Perhaps this is true I have little patience for those who would  insult me or my kin, for those who would deny me the title of queen which I have worked so hard for yet still benefit from all that I have done for my people. I have brought my people glory, safety and knowledge of the traditions and ways of my kind few can deny that.

When I first woke in this place I hardly new what I was I found my tribe and since have learned much more about my true nature. A path which I encourage all djinn to follow  to seek there true nature and come to terms with it, no matter how frightening it may seem.
All who know me  know this to be the truth.

In the past I have focused on the safety of the young and the weak, now I will focus on leaving a legacy..future generations of djinn will know themselves because of what we write today. I will still protect those who ask for it  for I am not without mercy.....I will still attend to the sacred balance  but i will see my people respected one way or another.


she puts down the pen scanning the page

she thinks to herself silently and if you don't vote for me I will eviscerate you and use your small intestines to make bunting ....

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds