ELECTION: Interview with Indigo

The Ireem Chronicles bring you an exclusive interview with the most powerful, regal aura of blue, Queen Indigo Mehendi (Wolfenstien Khandr).  It is not surprising preference for privacy and comfort supercedes having to hover around in our humble little office, and thus we were given the rare privilege to bring the interview to the Djinn Realm!

Queen Indigo with two Djinn Elders ever so loyal standing guard by her side, gave a majestic wave of her hand to welcome me in, I could feel her studying this little ole young djinnlet me from head to toe as she spins and hover at the top of the long flight of steps leading up to our sacred Fire.  I promptly bow to show respect to my beloved Queen and Elders, amidst greetings and introductions, our Queen turned to face the sacred Fire and began a ritual of cleansing her hands and face in it.  Then spins back around, looking at me with her piercing eyes, but was smiling and invited me to have a seat to begin the interview.

"Your Highness, if I may go straight to the questions less my nerves render me dumbfounded." 

Queen Indigo laughed and she seemed to have no intention of sitting... "come ask away..." she reached to touch her pet's mane...and our awesome Elder Flea waved her tail in a most adorable curious manner.

I felt compelled to bow again and waited for the Queen to sit before I would, but my nerves betrayed me and I soon blurt out the question,

"Elusive as some of our brothers and sisters are, we may have a bigger family than anyone know and surely the young ones may not come to know you much, kindly indulge us on a little about yourself and why we should take this election as a rare opportunity to step up , show our appreciation of your leadership style and vote for your highness to continue as our leader."

Queen Indigo's laugh echoed through the realm sending chills through my already frazzled nerves.... "you dont ask for much do you..?" she paused to toy with one of the shrunken skull around her neck... "im not one to talk of myself much... i serve her.." she gestures to the fire.. " my life belongs to Zin, it has for quite some time.. my rein has brought peace...to my people it unifies them ... the djinn are not seen as weak " she then crossed her arms over her chest... taking a deep breath... " the true path of a djinn is to seek their true nature... is it not.?"  And at this point her eyes were upon me, it felt like my thoughts were all hers to peruse, and I'd forgotten to breathe.

"Yes, Your Highness, and I appreciate your kindness in allowing us the free will to seek our true self."  Alas, soon as I answered, my nerves got the better of me and knees buckled, now kneeling in front of my idol, so very near, looked up to her and to the two Elders in awe.  I tried to recompose myself and quickly asked the questions, " Your Highness, to you, what is a leader's role?  And what do you feel are the three most important qualities of a leader?"

What followed will remain a treasured memory for a long time to come, my Queen, a great leader feared by many, offered a hand to help me up from the floor!  Queen Indigo, with her hand extended before me she asked with a frown on her face "is there something wrong with your legs? " she then laughed and continued to answer the question, " a leader must seek the truth in all things, see past the surface, and understand the very nature of things.. she must be wize.." she frowns... "a leader must also have vision.. and.."  at this point she pulled me up with little effort,  "compasion.... yet she must also be hard... have backbone and courage..."

"Thank you, Your Highness" I grabbed my Queen's hand almost too tightly, and kissed the back of her hand with much respect and good wishes from the heart, which made her look away at an instant and she seemed shy.  Elder Mika who has been standing close by was now swaying slightly looking nervous as she cast her eyes upon me.  That got me worried that I may have said or done something wrong, but if so I would be taught right.  I then tried to stand proud as all Djinns should and continued to pose questions.

"And for the benefit of everyone in Ireem, What is a Djinn? What fire burns within the mysterious djinn realm that is worshipped by all djinns? Take this opportunity to remind your friends and adversaries why respect us Djinns."

Queen Indigo took a deep breath and answered "the great texts say we are made of smokeless fire.. "she nods towards the flames that burn here eternally.. "many of us take our powers from nature...the marid from water, the jann from the fertile earth...the jinn from the air...the ifret from fire... but no two djinn are the same... each is unique.. and must work to unlock there potential... " some mortals do not understand they seek to class us as good or evil when we are neither... the sea does not weep for those who drown in her ..does it?"

"Very reassuring indeed to hear these words dear Queen, true to our core. Evil may be with a smile, yet no existance should be so simply classed as just good or evil. There are many who do not know us and hence hostility bred from their fear.. How many attempts have been made on your life to no avail? And what goes though your mind when you kill someone?"


Queen Indigo tilted her head, her eyes...would lift briefly upon me like two black holes...then they draw away..."many have tryed to kill maim or tame me, but like Zin, i am more likley to burn than bow... " her eyebrow raises as she fiddles with the skulls that adorn her waist.."I have killed many ... i have felt hunger...anger.. compasion... many things.. death is ...not always the end of things.. just change and all things change ..."  Queen Indigo's eyes moved to her pet...and soften.  I am so glad our Elder Flea's presence soothes our Queen.

"Yes..yes..and our elemental nature if harmed would change the environment, liken to the mortals void of any of their emotions would not live the same.." my thoughts and words all a mess being led to feel for the dangers my great leader must have encountered over the years..

"Djinns have won many battles, you have a good team of loyal Djinn ELders, with excellent battle strategies that have brought our family glory. Will you be training more from the djinnlets to take on such important roles and what is expected of those who have the passion for it?
 

Queen Indigo answered with a nod... "I am proud of my family..." she looked up at mika and flea.."they have made great sacrifices and proved themselves time and time again.. those who wish to serve me honestly and in good faith are rewarded...we fight hard we live with passion... any who wish to prove there loyalty may find similar rewards.."

"That is good to hear! I truly wish for our family to continue united under your proven leadership, and wish for all to vote in and grow with the family. To conclude this interview, if Your Highness would sum up your campaign for the benefits of our voters please?

Queen Indigo looked at the fire... "well as far as i know im the only candidate... so its vote for me... or let the djinn become scattered and weak like the other races... let us fight amoung ourselves for the scraps the mortals may throw us... my reign will end one day..to be sure for nothing is certain.. but hopefully the days when they lament the great age of djinn are not at an end just yet..."

"Indeed!  My beloved Queen, please allow me to refuse your thoughts of retirement, intestinal buntings come in handy but I must say very rare find in our Djinn family, cheers to four years of your leadership and many more to come!"

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds