Attention All Knights!!

Election time has come again for the knights. Following you will find a statement of intent from each of the five candidates. Please read them carefully and determine who is best to lead you.
Lyra Bellamy
I am the candidate of all the knights, that means I want the rebels re-enter our group as they have always helped our brothers and sisters...
I want that knights to stop being the laughing stock of Ireem, being respected for what they do and not what they says...
I want that honor and respect lead us in all the moment of our life of knights...
I don't want any council as council are just worth to flatter some ego BUT meetings around the fire where we all (those that are presents)decide together...
I want we allowed real spar between knights (as all the others groups) as the captured are immediately released
I want the limit out of camp are extend so that the chat we have cannot be heard...that mean no preds spying us freely laughing at us...
I want a place for the opponent so that they can vote as in a democratic group... and not the systematic ban of opponent for the time of elections...
If you don't want changes, don't vote for me!

Pawlaew Navarathna
I would like to hereby announce my candidacy for the leader of the knights. Since nearly one year that I have been here, I watched and learned from great leaders before me on what it takes on becoming one. Knights leader required a person with strong will, determination to succeed and over come challenges that lays await the knights. The code which govern what we must do as knight not only in the eyes of those around us. For me it is an unwritten set of rules that comes from with in the heart. A true knights does need a set of published rules to determined his action, true and honorable knights are guided by his strength, compassion and honor. Fighting is not what we are all about. We pick up a scimitar only when there is strong need for force and even then, we never use it to kill but to put down the unrest. If elected I will rules with strong will and determination to make sure the knights are peaceful force keeper of Ireem. Making sure we help those who are not able to help themselves and justice are delivered to those who defies the law of our beloved city of Ireem.
Long live the Sultana, the brotherhood of knights and the destruction of all things that are evil
Prince Kamala, commander of the knights of Ireem

Urso Kronsage
I would like the high honor of becoming knight leader to make some simple, but important changes. First of all, knights need a better, dedicated, and more in-depth training sessions. Training which includes learning about the knight code, what is expected of knights, desired virtues, and combat. I also plan to strongly encourage experienced knights to take on squires to teach them personally as they go about their rounds. The last thing I want is for new knights to feel abandoned or lost.
I also plan to create a new hierarchy system, where knights with good virtues and combat experience are given promotions. A promotion will be followed by an honorable ceremony. The higher ranking member will be in command of the lower knights to guide them.
Example: - Hierarchy system - Squire --> Novice --> Knight --> Paladin --> Councilor --> Commander --> Leader
Lastly, I would like to give reconciliation for rebels if they are willing to rejoin us.

Seraf Clip
I am Seraf, I have been in this land for over a year now. All my time here i was a knight, I have set my standards high for i believe like the knights are called for a higher purpose.
I am an Ex-General and Councilman of my Kin so i am experienced in Leadership and i plan to use that so it serves this purpose like it did that one.
While I believe that Knights should hold a level of Honor I know that for each Knight that takes on a different meaning, and that it is not the mere word that makes a Knight honorable it is their actions.
Respect through Knights come only when we first respect ourselves. If we carry an attitude that puts down our fellow Knights, then others see there is no reason to respect them either.
Attacking for no purpose is not Honorable thing for a Knight to do. However, we are not doormats for the pred groups to walk all over. Knights way of handling issues should always be in a civilized way.
If need be challenging the offender to a battle within the arena. If you are incapable of battle then ask another brother or sister to step in and become your second to battle for you. But never lower yourself to their behaviors.
I realize that there are many fractions within our group, this above all things saddens me for I have seen what can happen when it is a group that is willingly working together, and I have plans to work on changing that back to its formal glory.
It will start by listening with open ears to the concerns others have, and trying to make the changes within the group as a group. No individual person should dictate to all how things will be done for a group, it will be group decision.
I realize that not everyone will be happy with everything, but i am hoping that the idea of Majority Rules will be enough to help us through some of the difficulties.
I see the role of as a leader as a facilitator, one who helps smooth out contentions and one who encourages self and others to start up role plays that give us more to do then just standing idlely by watching others have all the fun.

Master Rexie
Listen to what knights have to tell, and act upon it.
Propose questions to the council and let all knights know about the decision immediately.
Towards new knights not just give the CoC (Code of Conduct) and let them figure out themselves. Learn them how to fight and how to respond as a true knight towards other tribes/preys.
Make good planning in time of war, each has his/her own job.
Make a separated zone where only the knights can hear what is said, like on the slavers compound the ship is. No one have to hear our discussions between knights and especially not in war.
This is what the knights do not have, everyone can "tune in" to what we have to say.
Make a list to change the CoC.
Some rules make the knights look like fools.
E.G. We first get slaughtered before we may attack, maybe change this into : if feeling threatened a knight may attack without warning. (This will make the knight regain respect)
This will change only if the knights, or a vast majority, agrees.
Make one Knight as a spokes person for all the knights who will attend any council meeting and speak for the knights in common.
Any knight new or not can talk to this person when they have questions or want things to change or have points to add for a next council meeting.
I will try to be here when I am needed the most, especially in time of war. A second and/or third commander will be appointed first off, to prevent mistakes and give orders to the rest of the knights.
The city of Ireem must be protected as a number one priority, so the citizens can walk freely all of the time.
Make an info board at the knights camp in a tent where I can write all new information at and make sure that every knight who visits the camp they must go look at that first.
When there is something going on in Ireem I will tell all knights, by a paper scroll at the camp, or write on the info board, just so they know how to react on certain tribes. E.G. if we made an alliance or we are at war with a tribe.

3 comments:

Salaam Knights!!
YOU want Conservative and discipline?? vote for Seraf... you want Compassion and fairness?? vote for Urso.... you want Creative and charismatic?? Vote for Paw!!
Another lady leader?? vote for Lyra... Master?? erhm.... Good try!!! lol

but Good luck you guys!!
Rebel Knight
Mache Asamoah

July 18, 2009 at 2:25 AM  

I hope the knights make a wise desicion! I wish the next leader has more luck than i have had! I hope the knights learn to accept their leader! and support them and be not against them!

July 19, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

Dear Knights

I hope you all let your hearts let speak with the vote and make the choices what is good for the group
And that the group will be again one Family and support eachother so it was before in the old day s
Good Luck all with the new leader who get his support and caress of his family

July 20, 2009 at 2:28 AM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds