(Chronicles) Welcome Indigo. I believe you are one of the candidates, is that right?

[indigo] that is correct.. i am also the one who has kept her people strong for many years..i am the current leader..

Since the election was announced, what was the first thought that came to your mind, considering you have been the leader for many years?

"well... i was pleased.. to return to the way we once were gives the Djinn an opportunity ...to be all they can be.. I intend to reform the great council of elders or at least try to.. long ago it was so and by the will of the goddess it shall be so again.."

You have been the leader for so long, how does it feel that you are suddenly being challenged for your leadership by your subjects?

Do you think I’ve not been challenged before. I am what I am, a survivor.. I have been her from the beginning and will be her till the end.. fate may deal me a low blow and if it does my head will not bow.. my people are proud.. we live a long long time.. i hope they remember all that I have done for them and act like the wise Djinn that they are rather than grasping for something shiny and new and finding it hollow.. without value..

That's a very moving statement. Would you agree that having an election will, in some way, consolidate your leadership, if you win the vote from your subjects?

You know.. being a leader.. is not about telling others what to do, barking orders.. i have done this for a long time.. a good leader listens to her people. a wise Djinn is open to ... the opinion of her people.. hence i intend to revive the council.. we are many.. what I mean is .. is there any point in leading if no one follows?

That is a very good point. Many only see the perks of being a leader but not the hard work behind it. You spoke about reviving the council, can you tell us a bit more about that?

ahh the council...yes... well my loyal Phox remembers.. once long ago in the history of our people there was a Djinn council..i put it together.. chose the elders.. some representing the tribes of Djinn.. some just my.. generals.. my advisers.. I find this a better way to organize .

It's certainly a good sign of leadership, to be able to delegate the work. On a slightly different subject, and I think other candidates would certainly like to know. If you are elected as the leader again, would you promise that those who stand up to challenge your position will not be punished or have some kind of retribution laid upon them in anyway?

I won’t make any promises…but again.. why waste their energy when i can just make them elders.. as long as they bow to my will.. i mean take my advice. Why kill those who would do good things for my people.. ?

I am sure that will go a long way to reassure some of them. In your opinion, do you think any of the other candidates actually stand a chance of challenging you at all?

oh I’m not saying they don't stand a chance fate is...unpredictable.. ..but i can do as I always have and listen to the winds.. the trees... perhaps it is time for me to retire perhaps not.. that is in the hands of those who vote.. and the goddess.. I do know my limits.. "

That is a very confident statement. What would you say is your strongest quality, other than being an assertive leader?

Well...I’m quite... open minded..Yet i know our traditions.. our history.. i preserve them best I can.. Given some choose to be ignorant..

Would you expand a bit the part about your open mindedness?

You really want me to tell you all I’ve done.. All over seen over the years... you realize your hair may turn white in shock if i showed you just a part.. ? Such knowledge is not good for mortals.. Let us just say we have different morals than you...

My hair is getting close to white anyway so it wouldn't have bothered me. Besides, I think the readers might be interested in learning a bit more about you, from yourself instead of from other people who might add on one or two other unpleasant attributes.

One should not pay to much attention to rumors.. there oft made by those who have ill intent.. and have little to do with the truth.. i have nothing to hide.. and no shame about being what i am.. i am ghul , i was born this way..

Thank you very much for your time. Perhaps you can sum up your campaign with one statement for our readers?

" i will bring the Djinn back to glory.. set up the council.. continue to educate both my people and yours..for peace.. perhaps another leader would declare war on the mortals.. who can say.. perhaps the great Djinn wars with again rear there head .. im not perfect but i offer peace.. "

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds