NEWS: Words from the new Leaders

The Ireem Chronicles chanced upon a few of the leaders out and about already busy doing what leaders do, and cornered them(very politely) for a post-election thought,

"well firstly i would like to thank all of my family who supported me, on the one hand i am very delighted and excited to be Leader and I hope I can live up to everyone's expectations, but I'm sure if I dont, they will soon put me in my place. I am also delighted that my sister, Miriam Lemondrop has accepted to be my co-leader and it will hopefully make a refreshing change to have some estrogen making the decision for a change" ~Miss Velvet Hamelin, Bedouin Leader, standing proud in the sands, watching over her people.

"i'd like to thank all my people for believing in me..." ~Queen Indigo, Djinn Leader.  It was not easy to catch these precious words running alongside our powerful Queen and Elders in the midst of a battle!  Few words but to the point and most heartfelt, as we charged forth crushing the enemies' defence line.

Along the pathway towards the Chronicles office, it was a chance meeting with a little imp that brought us the following quote from the new Magi Leader who seemed rather jumpy, his eyes darting all over the room whilst talking to us, or he may just be intoxicated for the room did smell of rum...but forgive us on these speculations as he did sit hunched over at his desk very focused working like a mad scientist when the imp led us to his room, and we do know how the magi are with their experiments and spells..he said this in a bout of sanity,

"Very well. There is nothing extravagant in nature I can place at this very moment. I would just mention that..." His expression then suddenly changed as he smiled deviantly, "The Magi will torment those who show any opposition to our practices." And he stood there with his head bowed down as he chuckled darkly to himself.  Not long after that puzzling outburst, the Magi Leader suddenly goes from a look of paranoia to a pleasant smile, "I simply cannot divulge information pertaining to the practices of the Magi, but I assure you that there is nothing to fear." His eyes shifted around the room.. as if someone was watching him. He'd then chuckle and continued, "The Magi will continue our role in the protection of the Sultana and her kingdom." He says in a confident tone. Suddenly he seemed to be at a loss for words. He raised his hand to his chin and tapped it with his index finger "Hmm.. As for how I feel for winning the election..  " He had a bewildered look in his eyes."I feel... good I suppose." ~Azriel, Magi Leader.

It may be of interest to some, of a possible link between those of the Serpent Towers and the immortal powers in the Catacombs, since the little imp who hails Damien as her leader, also addressed the new Magi Leader as her Uncle Azriel.  This may come to naught or it may bring us some facinating developments in the sands.

We are ready to report the new adventures and historical moments these new leaders bring to Ireem, awaiting with interest and observing the chemistry brought about by the new leaders' styles combined, we quote the words of a wise man from the far far far far East..


To lead people, walk beside them …
As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence.
The next best, the people honor and praise.
The next, the people fear;
and the next, the people hate …
When the best leader’s work is done the people say,
‘We did it ourselves!'
Lao-Tsu

Office Cat hides the wrappers of a delightful fortune-cookie she found sitting in the Editor's cupboard.  ;3

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds