INTERVIEW: New Tavern owner,, Mari

The Blue Parrot Tavern, strategically located in Kashkar by the river bordering the city of Ireem, is now bustling with activities again!  Countless whiz pass this crossroad of sorts on their way to the city, or chasing down a prey, and yes it is a convenient stopover for the likes of slavers to give their catch a quick lesson before dragging them off to the auction.  Beyond the unassuming facade, this resplendent little gem has served the purpose of many tribes, human or more.

The Ireem Chronicles find this assignment given to the form of a Nanny, who managed to return with the interview information cast onto several soggy parchments, unfortunately falling into the river did not kill her, but office cat drowns in making sense of the messy notes for print.


The new owner, Miss Mari, gave a warm welcome, introduced herself and almost immediately offered a vast array of services beyond bread and rum!

"You found her, anything I can do for you? Smuggle? Steal? Hide a body?" then tilt her chin to the masked man at the entrance "I have talented friends."

Looks like there will be fascinating activities to look forward to from this venue, and the pretty young woman who owns it seemed unabashed to emphasise she has the backing of many friends.

This special menu made old nanny laugh so hard she choked  on her own saliva and coughed til a tear rolled down her cheeks, but the young lady seemed more concerned with the fame and fortune that being in the news would bring her.  Good, she may be young but smart and exudes strength, she is going to do well.

When asked what are her plans for the tavern, sitting back in the rickety chair Mari smiled and crossed her ankles on the tabletop with a content sigh,

"My plans.. I hadn't really thought too much into the future. i just knew the money to be had in Ireem these days is in food and drink, what with all the tired warriors needing a place to rest after the raiding." and in a quieter tone would wink and murmmer "And I hope to see to their other needs once the slavers start bringing in girls of good quality."

Nanny Moon, while asking questions, had been food-tasting and trying a little bit of all the foods on the table, and at this point must say, the cheese is aged well and smell..well ya..smells.. And the bread is strange to touch and seemed to roll off the table upon contact.. perhaps it was the young lady's toes I pinched.  She was sitting with her feet up on the table looking like a scallywag, I had to find out what she is.

"Ah smart of you to see the lucrative opportunities.. Do you smell fish?" Looking around the tavern I saw a tub of water in the back and teased asking if the masked man still sitting outside was one of the good-quality catches from the slavers, and would have a splash with old nanny in the tub.  We may have strike a chord there as Mari started stammering then and was looking somewhat uneasy as she replied shaking her head and frowning,

"You can say he caught me in a manner of speaking, and no.. I dont smell fish but perhaps the sea air is a bit stagnant in here today."

"But I suppose it is the seabreeze..Perhaps you would like to share a little about yourself to our readers.  Are all in Ireem welcomed to your tavern?"

Mari smiled and nodded, "Aye, everyone is welcome to The Blue Parrot. Leave ya politics and talk of those evil crystals at the door I say!"

"That's great! So..no bouncy type guards at the door to keep those filthy undeads out?"

Mari seemed secretive and still did not reveal what she is after random mention of several types of beings that lurk in Kashkar.  A chuckle from upstairs was heard at the mention of the Undeads.. Seems another of her friends was watching over us nearby.

"Noone will be kept out, I mean to try and bring everyone back together if I can. " Then look up at the ceiling in a louder tone Mari said, "Hopefully with some help!"

"Yes , yes very noble idea indeed to bring all together.."

my old frail neck made my head wobble as my eyes followed the young lady's looking up to the ceiling..I sure hope not to be morphed into the nanny form next time I turn human,

"ohh yes..I'm not that old..really.. perhaps I have developed special powers, I hear the walls speak some..hmm.." thoughts crumbled into a mess as old memories flits into current reality " Are the bar wenches for hire? My friend is interested in a quickie." With an attempt to mask the senile old brain's folly, I laughed loudly and asked "Do staff from the Chronicles get free drinks in your establishment?"

"Aye um, we are always in need of brewers and pleasure wenches, even dancers if the rabble want a bit of clean entertainment. The girls can decide for themselves if they want some extra coin for the service though with the pretty faces walking around these days I don't think much coaxing will be necessary."  With a cheeky wink she continued, "And no one drinks for free love, it's a business not a charity."

Nanny instinctively mirrored leaning in almost touching noses with the young lady, eyes crossed and nodding to what the pretty girl said, smiling..

"There are few but known establishments in Ireem who in recent days have organised all sorts of events to gather loyalty from their cliental.. Are you going to have events here? If there is one you would like to take this opportunity to advertise perhaps tell us about it? "

The adorable playful Mari smiled and answered the crossed eyes with a pair of her own as she struggled to control her giggle,

"Aye, I havent worked out the details yet but there are several pieces of treasure gone missing that I may employ the peoples assistance, in exchange for some nice gold coins for the one who brings them all to me of course. I've also in a mind to showcase some of the less prominent faces and make them known to the city by having them do.. a bit of work for me.  Aye there will be plenty to do and see in the old place, and I have just the resources to help me pull it off."

Thank you Mari, it is most delightful meeting you!  We shall look forward to your events!

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds