Dark Magi in Ireem !

Yesterday I found a letter on my desk at the Chronicles office, which I curiously picked up to read. I had to sit down as I was reading. Why? Because the rumors about a dark Magi sacrificing a poor girl obviously were true !

For all Ireemians who did not hear about this yet: there is a new Magi in town, practicing dark magic and using his powers on the citizen of Ireem. His name is Matrim Blackheart and witnesses saw him a few days ago together with Pirate slaver Jigoku Magic, when they dragged the poor girl Elusive Cristole to the gate, naked and gagged.

Elusive was bleeding from wounds at her lower back and her stomach, a pentagram carved into her flesh, her skin pale as if she lost an immense amount of blood. The Magi began to paint a large upside down pentagram symbol on the stone wall by sinking his fingers into a bucket full of blood – and yes, I truely believe it was Elusive’s blood !

He had audience while doing that, they all were watching the scene with their mouths wide open. Sir Matrim thrusted the girl's body against the wall and started to mutter words in an unknown tongue, when a moment later, he released her and the body began to hover infront of the symbol at the city wall !

People tell, the only words, they understood was „Lord of Darkness“, as the symbol on the wall and on the girl's abdomen began to glow a bright red. The panic in Elusive’s eyes was one of the worst things some witnesses ever saw, but still no one dared to interfere.

Suddenly the girl's body burst into flames and people watched horrified or started screaming, swords were drawn and scared women were seen running away. The dead body dropped down to the ground as Sir Matrim trailed his fingertips over the burned stone wall before he turned to leave, not saying a word...

After I heard this story, I first did not believe it. But of course curiosity led me to the spot at the city wall. The guards did their very best to clean and remove all marks of what had happened and even nearly succeded. A stranger would never assume something evil was going on here. But with some imagination you still can see the symbol on the wall, the circle burned into the stone.

Dear reader, with this background please read the following letter, then you will understand why my legs got weak reading it:

"Dear Ireem,
I have noticed lately that all you have to write about in your newspaper are personal ads and short stories about weddings and how happy everyone is to be here. Seeing that, I decided to send you this letter to divulge some of my recent activities to the public eye. Keep in mind that I am a Magi, though unlike those fools who only cast cheap tricks and sell simple potions, I am not content to play the circus act. On the Twenty Fourth of April I sacrificed a girl, I don't know her name it never came up, right in front of the gates to the city. Her charred remains alongside the burned inverted pentagram on the city wall should have given you notice of this...regardless, I feel it is time that a message was sent. While many of you are content to run around with your significant other and act all lovey dovey, keep this in mind, none of you are safe. There are forces at work in Ireem that will no longer be kept to the shadows, keep yourselves alert, because it has just begun....
Love, Matrim"

I quickly called a Magi apprentice to „clean“ my office from the evil aura of the Dark Magi and I hereby warn him „ Do not dare to ever enter my office again, evil man !!“
I also call out for anyone of you Ireemians: don’t let this Magi destroy the peace in our beloved kingdom ! Unite and fight the evil !
//*editorial note: Perhaps a bit to brave and mouthy? Better change that later, for not making him angry *//

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds