Last weekend we had another wedding in our beloved city, this time taking place at the beach close to the slaver’s ship. Pirate Slaver Sir Damien Nadir with his greek accent married his former slave, now the woman by his side Soumia Maradona. Best man and woman were good friends of the couple, the Pirate slaver Carter Roogus and his pregnant woman Vallentina Landar.
I was standing next to Slaver Am Demina and his wife Starlight Eleonara and made my drawings for the Chronicles as I heard Am whispering about the bride’s ears. As half elf, Soumia’s ears are just a little bit bigger then usual, which gives her an even more exotic look in my opinion But Am, who obviously had some rum before the ceremony, made constantly jokes and got elbowed for that by Star. This made me laugh so much, that I had trouble concentrating on my drawing and not disturbing the ceremony !

Slaver Pirate Captain Merlin Renfold and priest for the day was marrying the couple by using so nice words, that I want to quote some in here: „A circle is the symbol of the sun and the earth and the universe. It is a symbol of holiness and of perfection and of peace. In these rings it is the symbol of unity, in which your lives are now joined in one unbroken circle, in which, wherever you go, you will always return to one another and to your togetherness.“

Exchanging the rings, the bride was seen with tears in her eyes and shaking hands, very nervous but even more happy as the ceremony ended in a romatic kiss. Captain Merlin shouted all pirate-like to the crowd „Citizens of Ireem, it is my pleasure to present to you Mr and Mrs Damien Nadir. Please join them for lot's of food, rum and celebration! Three cheers - Hip Hip Hoo-ray! Hip Hip Hoo-ray! Hip Hip Hoo-ray!“ and with clapping hands, the guests and spectators were invited to join in a party with the best food and the strongest rum.

As my Master was on travel and could not forbid it, I of course took the chance to drink some rum aswell. Sadly the rum must have been bad, after several glasses I suddenly had to puke and I still do not know how I made my way home ! But rumors tell, the party was a big event, many drunken slavers and their girls singing at the beach into the early morning and a happy couple celebrating their new life as husband and wife ! Congrats again to you both !

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds