It was brought to my attention that the slave girl Friskie Quintessa had to tell a story about what cruelty is possible in our beloved kingdom. Of course I went talking to her, but did not get any reasonable response at all. Friskie just stared at me frightened and repeated over and over " I won't tell, I won't tell.....", until I finally gave up and left her, so she could calm down.

Only one day later I found an anonymous letter in my office box saying " The slavegirl is not allowed to speak ! She was raped, forced to carry the baby and gagged, so she couldn't complain or tell anyone ! Where is the justice in our kingdom ?!?! Anonymous"

Reading this I suddenly remembered that I saw friskie by myself, gagged and pregnant, stumbling around the city. I ran back to the point I met her before and found friskie sitting in the sand moving her chest back and forth, while humming under her breath " Little baby girl, my little baby girl...don't cry......mommy will find you !"

Before I could talk a word with her, her Master approached //*editorial note : better do not tell his name in here, otherwise the Chronicles will not have an editor for much longer !! *// and summoned friskie over to him. She absently smiled at him and kneeled down at his feet, mumbling " What can your girl do for you today, Master ?".

Her Master put her on the leash and dragged her to his camp while he laughed "The same like everyday of course ! You will please me ! And this time, you better put some effort in, otherwise you will get punished worse then ever !"

Shocked by what I just witnessed, I was unable to do something and only could stare after them. Putting all pieces of the puzzle together, I finally got an idea of what had happened, so I decided to better walk back into my safe office. Dear reader, I ask you know:

  • Where is our justice ? Don't slaves have any rights at all ?
  • Should a mother be able to keep her baby, even when being a slave ?
  • Where is the little baby now ? Is she still alive ?
  • How long will the current editor of the Chronicles run this paper after publishing this story ?

Questions, to which we probably will not get an answer ....

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds