During the last week we recieved a letter from the former slaver Raven McAuley. Reading his announcement to the citizen of Ireem, we of course got curious what happened. But read first for yourself:
"Dear Citizen!

After being captured by the djinn Naiyah, Naiyah looked into my soul and saw the trauma within. I recounted the story my father has told me as a child. My mother was a djinn, living in the Dijnn Realm. This would probably explain, why I spent so much time sneaking into their realm and eating their food. I had to learn, I am half human, half djinn. Indeed without my half Dijnn blood I could not have entered their Realm at all. Naiyah helped me to renew my feelings of honour and protection, rather than my slaver instinct of attack and capture. While still weak from my ordeal, Naiyah carried me to the knights camp, hoping that their leader will agree to take me in. Ohterwise I would have been doomed to roam the desert alone, with no home and no company other than my pet Raven, as I was no longer able to be among the slaver.
Today I belong to the knights, proud and honored to be part of them. From now on, I will put all my efford into saving the peace in Ireem, fight for the poor and weak and live after the knights codex ! Criminals, Capturer, Slavers....be warned !
Raven McAuley "
Yesterday we went to interview him about his letter. He repeated his story to us, revealing us he always knew, there was something special inside him. His father died when he was a little boy, all he knows are some memories of the stories he told him, when they sat together at the fireplace. He never met his mother, or at least cannot remember her at all.
After his father died, he was found by some slavers near the ocean, sitting in the sand. They took him with them, teaching him the life of a slaver. He tried his best to follow their rules, their way of living, but he never felt home.
After a huge fight with a bedouin, the djinn Naiyah found him wounded in the desert, taking him with her and caring for his wounds. When she touched him, she had a vision of his inner truth. His story revealing to her, they both made a decision. They agreed, he could never go back to the slavers. His true nature still fights against his dark side from time to time, but his heart belongs to the knights code now.
Ireem can be happy to have a man like him protecting the innocent. But only Allah knows, who will win the fight inside of him: his good nature or his dark side....

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds