It's my personal belief that sand is completely underrated by the citizens of our fine land. There's lots of different types of sand in Ireem, each having their own virtues, but nobody seems to recognize this fact. So, I'm decided in the best interest of learning to hastily create those 50-part series, "1001 Things you can do with Sand". Enjoy!

-----------------------------
Can't publish this yet!

Participants: The Sultana, Kadar Jayaram (Minister), Lady Kerri, Mirna Muggins, Elysa Swansong (Palace Scribe), Jasmine (Reporter)

Thoughts I need to put down between the lines without actually writing them or I will not live long:

- The Sultana found it necessary to have her own scribe with this interview. She is obviously told I can't be trusted!
/* Kadar? That would explain why he asked if the Sultana's scribe could have access, to directly place articles in the Chronicles => He might want to take over the press. Reason => He has lots he wants to hide for the real press! Careful with him as he is definitely the smooth talker and the Sultana seems blinded by all he says. */

- Was it actually the Sultana I interviewed or her lackeys? As soon as the questions started to become a little sharper, the Sultana let others answer for her.
/* Sultana does not often answer herself. Need to dig deeper to see if she is just too arrogant, not trusting herself or others just interrupt her. */

- Why was it that the Minister so often begged to be allowed to answer a question and why did he get away with interrupting? He obviously loves and manages himself to be heard often.
/* Follow up article: “Where lies the true power of Ireem?” */

- Why did the Minister react so defensively when I asked about the Sultana's daily chores?
/* His words: "chores are what workers do" proves he is looking down on people. Can't do anything with that as this is what can be expected from one as he. */
/* Was the Sultana not supposed to answer the simple question like she did? "My dear, as Sultana I have my duties too. To be informed about what happens in the city... Trying to stop any arguments and war". => Answer seems innocent enough so why did the Minister keep nagging on about semantics? Need to dive deeper into this as there are no true answers yet */

- Questions about 5000 Dinar of tax-money used for senseless bounty are not appreciated. The Sultana insisted it was her own personal money.
/* Did she mean because it was already paid by the taxpayers? */

- She told me for each 1000 earned, only 2 tax was paid.
Estimated wealth of the Sultana: well over K$ 3,000,000.
Estimated population in and around Ireem: 15,000
Each person pays tax of: 3,000,000/15,000 = K$ 200
The average wealth for someone in or around Ireem then should be: 200/2*1000 = K$ 100,000!
The real average wealth might be no higher than K$ 300
/* She can not calculate or she's lying! Need to spend an article on her huge wealth! */
/* Conclusion to the previous note: Yes, she considers it her full right to take the money of the working class. Possible header for the article: "Up over the worker's back". No, too hard, that will never be accepted! */

- Asking about the horrible conditions Jaril was kept in, made the Sultana laugh and react: "What miserable conditions? She deserved that... and I think we were too good with her". Then she let Lady Kerrina talk about all the nasty things Jaril did when she was NOT LIABLE and Lady Kerrina even took the conclusion: "It is by grace she was not tortured... and left alive for me to examine her". The Sultana nodded and responded: "This is the truth, my dear jasmine..."
/* How can I in Allah's name put this in the Chronicles without immediately incriminating myself? */
/* Why does even the normally so soft and decent Lady Kerrina agree that it is a grace that someone not liable is not tortured? Kadar? => Again proof that the power of Ireem is found at the ones close to, and behind the throne? */

/* Need to finish this later and make it to a coherent piece in which I am nice to everybody like I'm expected to. Too tired now, I need to sleep first... */

Jasmine

4 comments:

.... Hmm, I was half-asleep when I posted this, judging from my grammar here. Also this article seems to have nothing to do with sand, which is a wasted opportunity.

On behalf of the Ireem Chronicles, Valued readers, I wish to give you my heartfelt apologies for depriving you of my in-depth examination of the virtues of sand.

As as additional minor point, I seem to have published something terribly compromising for our esteemed editor. Oops. Please don't read it.

February 25, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

*Arrives out of breath at the office after hearing what Sage placed... Sees it and places her hands in front of her mouth trying to figure out how she can possibly get away with this.

"Sage you nutcase! Be careful what you place!"

February 25, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Good Thing They got Dinky in place.. tho I am sure the rumors of Jasmine being in danger are not true... I mean if someone is following her.. I am sure it is not a trained highly paid killer...

February 25, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Rumors? W...what rumors are you takling about?

Looks around nervously

February 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds