photo Mers not cowards cut_zps6bi88qpe.png





By Znork

I snuck up to the mer caves, a bit nervous, but also excited. The merfolk live by some very nice big built caves with decorations that can make you gasp. Its the seas brightest art. As I approached I heard voices and saw some movements of two mermaids a bit away from me. But being so focused on that pretty sight, I lost balance and stepped with one foot out into the sea. And that was not a lucky thing, my toe got a big cut from a seashell there. I still wouldn't let that stop me from talking to these nice mers. The weird part was that they had a human beside them with his hands in the air, locked in a plank. It was a huge, and strong looking man. This convinces me that these mermaids weren't just pretty, they are strong too.

I saw them loosing the guy from the plank and they sent him off. They greeted me nicely and as planned I could start asking them questions right away. Of course I started with the difficult ones

- What do you feel is good about being a mer? And what is bad for you?
- oh my... what a question.... let me think, if you see smoke put my head in the water" chuckles the lovely mer named Indigo and waves her fingers softly in the air.

- "Oh I'm prepared to soak your head", says the other mer named Siya, and giggles softly.

Indigo smiles and gives me more information - "well... good... let me think... Mer are intelligent, curious, playful... and tied to one of the most beautiful things in the world, the water" then she gets a bit serious looking and says;
"the bad... well the water pulls us so much that we cannot stay on land much, the ocean is so big, it can get lonely when you loose your family in a current"

- "I  like being a mer for the fact that they stay together and always treat each other with respect , never let the other one down, and always there when needed like true family, ... about bad things .... ummm there i have to really think.. i would say i have to agree with indi on that one"
says the nodding Siya and looking at Indigo

I look at the two beauties and think a bit while trying to remember my next question, Suddenly it comes to my mind. Siya looks worried at me and I think she might wonder if I will almost fall into the sea. She looks at my hurt toe and assures me that it will be well very soon.

- "But can you tell me something about the caves? Are there spirits or anything special going on in the caves? Are there someone living there to protect you?"
- "We have many spirits, the one leggers know best is Oceanus, or Neptune/Poseidon, he is the orchestrator of the tides, waves, the world... As for the caves... we must protect ourselves but the water an the beauty of the place renews us" then lowers her voice "

At one point there was an enchantment that no legger could enter or suffer a terrible watery death" grins "But that power has faded". Indigos face looks very dreamy and its seems like she is admiring the things she speaks of while she says this.

She shows me a bit around in the caves, then take me out on a little swim-round. I dive a bit, I see mermaids down there in the sea, and treasures and so many of the fantastic creatures the natures has put in the sea. Visible for the ones who care about life and beauty.

I leave the place with lots of gratitude for the warm welcome and the warm goodbye. "Remember, we are a strong family here, even if it's not so big" Indigo says while waving farewell.


0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds