Letter to Santa

Last week we met some travellers from a country far far away, visiting our beloved city and trading with several goods. After we bought some spices for our meat pies, we invited them to sit with us around the fireplace for dinner, chatting and enjoying some fine music and dances.
During this evening one of the tradesman told me an interesting story. Every year, when the nights get colder then normal in the desert and the people get ready for the big celebration at the end of the year, the tradesman and his people are following an interesting tradition:
They are writing letters to a man called Santus Clausus, this man is not really a human, not really a god. I tried to find out more about it, but sadly I have to admit, that he lost me there in his story.
Whatever, this special man wears a long white beard, a huge red hat and a red robe. When he laughs it sounds like „Ho Ho Ho !" /*editorial note: I thought for a second he talks about Sir Kanon, but he sounds more like: Hu Hu Hu */ .
The foreign tradesman and his people believe, that Santus Clausus brings them gifts every year, putting them under a palm tree infront of their tents while they are sleeping. In this special letter they ask him to fullfill their dreams and wishes.
Questioning this of course, I asked him if he always gets what he wants as he nodded and smiled „Of course your wishes should be humble. You cannot go and wish for a palace and a neverending source of gold. For example one year I asked for a ram to complete our sheep breed and he really brought it to me ! My neighbor’s pregnant wife asked for getting a son finally after 7 daughters and the little boy is now two years old and running around happily among his sisters !"
Dear readers, I am not sure if I really believe in this Santus Clausus, but like my mother used to say: „You will not know until you try!".
Considering too, that my Master is stubborn as hell and does not buy me my own dog to play with, perhaps the „red man" will bring me my Fluffy ? So let us all send letters to this mysterious man and see what happens ! I don't think we have anything to loose, so send all your letter to the Chronicles and we make sure that your wishes will be spread !

3 comments:

dear Santa,do you remember me ?
We meet every year and you were always good at me.
Well,could you help me again ?
I would ...* at this point she can't write anything else because ,magically,the pencil works for her:
I would the peace on the world
I would good health for everybody
I would see people respect each others
and Love,Happyness,Serenity...
I promise..I'll try to do everyday a little good thing.
It's not so much,but if we all make this,it can become a big thing !
...................... and ,btw, I want my Sheikh !
*smiles and winks to Santa*
Zanlu Heron

December 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

*Jasmine shoots a pigeon and finds on it's leg the letter a girl wrote. She reads about it and smiles at first at the naive thoughts a girl can have. Thinking it to be nothing more than the words of a 10 year old.

Then she reads on and reads the passage about the "Sheikh". She realises it must be from an innocent slave. Her eyes fly down to the name at the bottom and she can't help laughing...

"oh my, that girl is desperate when she thinks that Santa can help with something like that".

She puts a cross through all the woman's wishes and changes the text:
- I would like to learn not always to act as if i am better than others.
- My job is boring, please allow me to take a vacation for a while of it. Perhaps a nice trip on a pirateship would be nice *blushes*
- I promise I will every day do a nice thing to each of the crew of that ship.

She giggles and walks to the main gate of the city and looks around to make sure nobody sees her. Then she puts the note on it for everybody to see. She smiles in herself as she walks off, waiting for people to find it,

December 17, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Dear Santa,

I'm so sorry,.but the first letter was not finished .
I apologize but, lately, I'm so tired..
My sheik has fun every night to teach me new exercises and You know.. a good exercise takes time and involvement ..

So...this one is the second part:

I promise to be good, gentle and generous.
For me .. I have everything ..so..thank you. I'm fine so..

But...
I pray you,dear Santa, for the little dreamer living in the repaired tent..
I know that a certain age for a woman is not so easy..People say she has hallucinations in the night and runs around in the desert howling like a poor animal.
Maybe it is the abstinence ? i don't know..i don't have this problem..
So,please, bring her a little of serenity and peace.

your friend
Zanlu

Then the Sultana ties the letter to a leg of her eagle ( because she sends always her messages in this way) and smiling goes back in the bed.

December 19, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds